- 15 January 2019
The Nocino of San Giovanni Rotondo
This pleasant liqueur is a mix of ancient tradition, ancient beliefs and a precious source of protein and essential unsaturated fats, the Omega 3.
The night of San John, between 23 and 24 June, falls in the summer solstice, the shortest night of the year that encloses hundreds of thousands of years of history, beliefs and magical rituals. Tradition has it that on this night are collected the nuts, still unripe, that will serve for the preparation of the homonymous liquor: the Nocino.
The nuts collected on this magical night will therefore have "miraculous" properties as well as the liquor that will be derived from it.
Whether they are harvested on the day of the summer solstice or not, nuts are actually a miracle product for our health. Despite their high calorie content, they are a valuable source of essential protein and unsaturated fats, such as omega 3 and omega 6 that reduce blood cholesterol, prevent cardiovascular disease, combat blood pressure.
Nuts are also rich in B vitamins (B1, B6, B9) and E, minerals such as magnesium, calcium and iron and amino acid arginine, which contributes to the formation of creatine, a substance that reduces recovery time after physical effort.
- Gluten Free and No Added Sugar! News and Events
- Space Kombucha Adventures Project News and Events
- How green are you? Health and well-being
- The hidden energy News and Events
- New Line with no added sugar, goodness without sacrifices News and Events
- Let’s get full of vitamins Health and well-being
- Merry Blue Christmas Health and well-being
- Let’s warm up with the taste of organic Health and well-being
- Back to school vol.2 Health and well-being
- Sottolestelle Expo - SANA 2019 Bologna News and Events