- 14 January 2019
Aquafaba is the precious water for every vegan.
Desserts without eggs and dairy products impossible to make? Vegan cooking too complicated? Of course not!! All you need is just fantasy and information!
Have you ever heard of the aquafaba? Its name derives from the union of the words "water" and "faba" (bean): it is the cooking water or the control of the legumes which, if assembled with electric whips, assumes a soft and "foamy" consistency incredibly similar to that of egg whites whipped. This consistency is due to its unique mix of starches, proteins and other soluble solids that migrate from seeds to water, giving it emulsifying, foaming and thickening properties. But in what proportion is aquafaba used with respect to eggs?
For each egg included in the recipe it will be sufficient to add 3 tablespoons of liquid, to be mounted just before preparing the dough.
The best aquafaba? It is that of canned chickpeas Sottolestelle, unsalted, because very rich in proteins. For a good result, use the cold legume liquid. Finally, do not forget to mix the aquafaba always with lemon drops or with aromas to reduce the decided aftertaste of legumes.
- Gluten Free and No Added Sugar! News and Events
- Space Kombucha Adventures Project News and Events
- How green are you? Health and well-being
- The hidden energy News and Events
- New Line with no added sugar, goodness without sacrifices News and Events
- Let’s get full of vitamins Health and well-being
- Merry Blue Christmas Health and well-being
- Let’s warm up with the taste of organic Health and well-being
- Back to school vol.2 Health and well-being
- Sottolestelle Expo - SANA 2019 Bologna News and Events